Screenshot of LootHoot’s website as of Jul 21, 2016
- Based in:
- Mountain View, California, USA
- Countries supported:
- USA, UK, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Spain, France, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico
- Subscription cost (Buyers):
- Product cost:
- “up to 100% off”
- Review policy:
- “We no longer oblige our members to leave a review.”
- Notable sign up requirements:
- Name, Email, create password, and must link a valid Amazon account (this is a social account linking only—no private Amazon account information is ever given to us)
- Support email:
Notice something outdated above? Please tell me.
Overview of LootHoot
Right off the bat, I am stoked to say they use sitewide https secure encryption! Nice to see them helping to protect you and your information.
This site runs a contest “every week, beginning and ending on Sunday” giving away a “$25 Amazon Online Voucher Code”. You have to sign up to enter. And you get more entries for being active and doing more social sharing:
- Joining LootHoot – 10 Entries
- Grabbing a Deal – 25 Entries
- Tweet, Share, or G+ any deal from the deal page – 1 Entry Each
- Every 24 hours we give you a freebie entry!!!
They have a huge marketplace with a pretty diverse product offering from jewelry to housewares, apparel, lights toys and more. Noticed that not all products have free shipping. Some listed “+$5.00 Shipping”, some say “Free Shipping”, so it looks like not all of it is fulfilled by Amazon. At least they are upfront about it!
Lots of countries supported here. Also, you can filter the marketplace by country!
Lastly, looks like their Facebook page is pretty active. Might be a great way to remind yourself to check their marketplace for new products.
From the company: We are fully Amazon compliant and proud of it!
This section is direct from the LootHoot Team.
Reviewers start one grab at a time; this rolls over every 4 days and is NOT related to leaving a review. You can get more grabs over time, by simply being an active member and grabbing deals.
We respect your seller and/or reviewer privileges and Amazon compliance has always been a top priority for us. LootHoot is here to help sellers promote their product, get more Amazon sales, and increase their Amazon reviews. However, we do not bend the rules to do this.
We have responded to all Amazon requirements and have made all the essential/necessary changes to fully adhere to Amazon Review Guidelines/policies as follows:
- Our discounted products are not offered in exchange for a review, therefore, we no longer oblige our members to leave a review.
- Our members are not penalized or rewarded in any way for leaving a review and members are never rated.
- We do not ban or suspend members on our site if they do not review.
- Sellers have no way of choosing or knowing which members have grabbed their deal. Contact details between sellers and reviewers are never shared and contact is not facilitated or encouraged through LootHoot.
- Collection of customer’s Amazon Public Profile is no longer part of our account sign-up process and we no longer request it from our members. As a result, reviews can no longer be monitored by us.
Linking your accounts
We only require that members link their Amazon account and verify the email address they use to sign up with as shown in the screenshot from our site. Linking Facebook is entirely optional and we no longer collect our member’s Amazon Public Profile ID as per the new Amazon requirements.
Tell them I sent you!
Sign up to be a Buyer on their website:
Let others know what you think of LootHoot
Have you used them? Do you have insights on reviewing for them? If so, let others know what you think of them below.